These doughnuts are healthy, but also so delectable! My husband and I have been trying to kick-start a healthier diet, so this is the perfect breakfast on a Saturday morning. You won’t feel guilty eating these treats!
Blueberry Doughnut Ingredients
- 1 cup sifted unbleached whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend Natural Sweetener
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fat free milk
- Organic blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your doughnut pan with a baking spray that has flour in it (I found my doughnut pans at Hobby Lobby).
Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together egg whites, melted butter, skim milk and vanilla. Then, stir wet mixture into dry mixture. Add the organic blueberries.
Fill doughnut pan until each is about 3/4 full making sure you don’t overfill. Bake for 14-17 minutes. Doughnuts should be golden brown.
Orange Zest Glaze Ingredients
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest.
Directions for Glaze
In a medium bowl, stir together the juice, zest, and sugar until thick and shiny.